Monday, July 23, 2012

Southern Living Idea House 2012

The 2012 Southern Living Idea House is a revival of a c.1830's cottage-style farmhouse. Its extreme makeover was designed by the the architects at Historical Concepts in neighboring, Peachtree City.     Completing the team is John Bynum Custom Homes, Inc.  Senoia's Historic Development Ventures, LLC. and nationally-recognized interior design firm, Tracery Interiors

I'm very excited to say that I will be going to see it on FRIDAY!

I have been anticipating going to see this wonderful renovation since I saw the ads in the Southern Living magazine.

Southern Hospitality blog writer, Rhoda, was actually invited to pre-view the house and she talks about it here.

I am already so in love with it that I plan on building my very own (someday).

Here is what the home looked like before and after the Southern Living renovation.
















                                  Before














                                    After



The idea house is a c.1830's farmhouse located in Senoia, Ga.

As some of you may already know, Senoia is home to classic movies and TV shows such as Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes and, most recently, AMC's hit series, The Walking Dead!

I will be posting pictures and commentary about my time at the idea house as soon as I return from my trip, so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment